The Secretariat of the Command Post of the State of Emergency on Wednesday (March 15) announced that it has lifted parts of the State of Emergency imposed in October following the “restoration of law and order in many parts of the country”.
Secretariat of the Comand Post and Minister of National Defense, Siraj Fegessa said that arbitrary arrests without court orders and searches without court papers have been terminated. The curfew that was imposed on movements around major infrastructural facilities from 6:00 P.M to 6:00 A.M for security reasons is among the lifted restrictions.
Siraj added that the article on restricting and controlling messages on radio, TV, literature, pictures, photographs, theater and film productions have also been lifted. It was also said that some of the articles in the two directives previously issued to implement the state of emergency have been cancelled because the country is back on normal state of affairs.