Requirements for Passports
The Embassy of Ethiopia in Brussels is currently issuing only a biometric (machine readable) passport that requires finger print of the bearer.
Applicants for new passports or replacement should, therefore, observe the following procedures.
The Embassy also advises all applicants to submit their request at least two months prior to their planned travel date or any other services that involve a valid passport.
N.B: Old manual type passports are no more renewed, but replaced by the new type of passports.
A. Requirements for Issuance/ Replacement of a Passport
• Four recent, colure photographs of size 3 cm x 4 cm with white background and name of the applicant on the back;
• Two copies of any supporting documents showing Ethiopian citizenship (i.e. copy of old passport, legalized Birth Certificate, etc.);
• Two copies of residence/ work permit, or other documents that shows present immigration status;
• If passport is lost: an attestation is required from a local police for lost passports
• Applicant’s should give their left and right index finger print at the Embassy*;
• Two copies of the Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
*Minors under age of 14 are exempted from giving finger print.
For detailed information about fees and payments, please click here.