General service request procedure
Starting Monday 10th of October 2016, all consular and diaspora services have to be requested through mail and paid through bank transfer. Consular and Diaspora services will be provided at the Embassy by appointment only. Click here to contact us for an appointment.
Please follow this procedure (or read this note verbal in Amharic):
- Print and fill the form corresponding to the service.
- Payment corresponding to your request have to be transferred to the following bank account. IBAN: BE53 3631 2148 4153. Bank: ING. BIC/Swift: BBRUBEBB (click here to see the consular fees, the fees for diaspora services are provided on the service pages). In the object of the transfer, please provide the type of service and your name.
- Please note that payments cannot be refunded
- Send the filled form + envelope filled with your address + cash for the return postal service + prove of payment per post to:
Embassy of Ethiopia
Avenue de Tervuren 64
For additional information, please contact us.
The embassy is not responsible for loss of passports or other documents. Therefore, the Embassy recommends all applicants to use well sealed registered mail.
Except Kenya and Djibouti Nationals, visas are required for all visitors to Ethiopia. Visitors should obtain a visa from the Ethiopian Embassy in Brussels before departure.
- All visa will be valid from the date of issue.
- Tourist visa, can be issued on arrival at Bole International Airport for nationals and residents of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Democratic people’s Republic of Korea (northern Korea), Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea (south Korea), the Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- All applications must be sent via mail with an envelope which has a tracking number. The applications must also have a self-addressed, prepaid return DHL TNT BPOST EXPRESS envelop which has a tracking number. You don’t have to call the Embassy to check whether your application has been recieved or returned back to you since you have the option to track it online at the respective mailing company’s website. If you send any ordinary mail without tracking numbers it will not be processed and will be sent back to the sender unprocessed beyong reasonable.
Note for Eritrean Nationals and persons of Eritrean origin
Eritrean nationals and persons of Eritrean origin shall not be issued a visa on arrival. They must obtain an entry visa prior authorization to their departure to Ethiopia. In addition to the regular visa procedure, Eritrean nationals and persons of Eritrean origins are request to fill a special form: download the form by clicking here.
Tourist visa requirements
- Current passport and the passport must be valid for at least six months;
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Resident permit or Work Permit (for Non-Benelux Nationals)
- Dully filled visa application form (click here to download the form)
- For foreign nationals of Eritrean origin, please fillout this Application Form (click here to download the application form). And the Embassy also advice to submit your application at least Six weeks ahead of the trip.
Business visa requirements
Except all holder of Diplomatic Passport, Official Passport, Service Passport and UN travel document, all business visa applicants should attach Visa approval letter from Ethiopian Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs; The host company in Ethiopia should request the approval letter from Ethiopian Immigation on behalf of the applicant inadvance. A support letter from the employing company and/or invitation letter from the host company in Ethiopia is also required for all types of business visa; Residence permit for non-Benelux passport holders;
The authorization mentioned above is needed for the business/working visa only ;
- Journalists/Media: please provide a note-verbal from your organization Media, precise project description with the objectives of your trip, as well as an exhaustive list of media equipment you take with you (including type, brand, model and serial number for each item). Please send us these information in advance.
- Benelux Country Diplomats or Officials traveling with Diplomatic or Official Passport, Service paspport must bring an official letter from Benelux Country.
- Diplomats or Officials of other countries traveling with Diplomatic, official or service Passport or UN travel document must bring official letter from Embassies or appropriate international organization.
- Click here to see the business visa fees
General requirements for all business visa
- A completed visa application form (click here to download the application form) and current passport. The passport must be valid for at least more than six months.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Resiodent permitt or Work Permit (for Non-Benelux countires National)
- Visa approval letter from Ethiopian Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs.